We are thrilled to announce that this year South Eastern European Dialogue on Internet Governance (SEEDIG) is coming to Bucharest, Romania, on May 7-8, 2019.
Why should you join SEEDIG in Bucharest? It’s simple:
- We are the only sub-regional initiative dedicated to open, inclusive, and informal dialogue on Internet policy and governance
- We specifically focus on South Eastern Europe and neighbouring area (SEE+)
- We are an amazing community of like-minded people passionate about Internet and its governing policies
- We unite people coming from various backgrounds and all stakeholder groups (governments, private sector, technical community, academia, civil society)
- We discuss topics relevant for the SEE+ region, such as digital divide, cybersecurity, IDNs, digital rights, and digital economy
- We want our region to use its human and technological potential to the fullest, and have an equal stand in Internet governance ecosystem.
This year’s programme is still being shaped by the programme committee, and you have all the chances to be a part of the agenda. In May at SEEDIG we will talk about:
- Cybersecurity and building trust in digital technologies
- Internet infrastructure and using technologies for digital innovation
- Digital technologies for all by enhancing accessibility and skills
- Trends, challenges and regulations in digital businesses.
You can follow the agenda drafting process, and check the programme for regular updates by visiting SEEDIG official website.
If you are passionate about asking thought-provoking questions and know how to peacefully and productively manage a discussion between stakeholders with opposite interests, write to us, and we can discuss about your potential role as a moderator.
If, otherwise, you feel more like sharing your own experiences and expertise, drop us a line, and we will gladly talk about your contribution to the discussions.
If you want to make sure that none of the key messages discussed during the sessions gets lost, we have a role for you. Join us as a rapporteur, take notes of the discussions, and share them afterwards with the community for a follow-up and further collaboration in-between the annual meetings. We are waiting for your expressions of interest.
Want to support us financially and increase your visibility in the region? After you check our sponsorship proposal, send us a notification, and we will contact you to discuss details, and will feature your name among our partners (ICANN, ISOC, RIPE NCC, Council of Europe, European Commission, EuroDIG, etc.).
Have you heard about SEEDIG before but never had a chance to attend? Or is it the very first time that you come across this abbreviation? We are open to both experienced participants and absolute newcomers. Participation in the SEEDIG 5 meeting is totally free and inclusive, but registration is required. Register now, and become a part of the biggest Internet governance event in the region.
We are preparing one more surprise for you to celebrate SEEDIG’s 5th anniversary. If you are not yet a part of the community, or haven’t been active so far, it’s the right time to join, and unite efforts to shape a better digital future for our region.
You are the one we need in the community of Internet governance enthusiasts. Let’s meet in Bucharest this May!